There are two things that I’ve been indulging in like crazy over the last few weeks with the holidays upon us: margaritas and hibiscus. It may sound like an odd combination, but don’t knock it ‘til you’ve tried my signature spicy hibiscus margarita!
The first step to making this margarita recipe is to prepare a homemade hibiscus simple syrup mixture. Not to worry as it’s super easy to make. You’ll just need one cup each of water, sugar, and dried hibiscus flower.
Follow the directions in the recipe below for making the syrup, and then you’ll be able to add the finished syrup in with the tequila, fresh squeezed lime juice, and Cointreau. Shake them all together in a cocktail shaker filled with ice to finish things off and then get ready to enjoy an all-time great margarita.
(You may also like: The Most Refreshing Citrus Lavender Cocktail Ever (ermahgerd!))Print
Spicy Hibiscus Margarita (Easy Recipe)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
For the hibiscus simple syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dried hibiscus flower
For the Margarita:
- 2 oz tequila
- 1 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
- ½ oz Cointreau
- ½ oz hibiscus simple syrup
- To make the hibiscus simple syrup, add all the ingredients to a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Strain the syrup.
- Pour in a jar or a bottle and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the margarita, add all the ingredients to a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously to combine.
- Serve in a salted rimmed glass.