If you love margaritas, you’re going to want to try this recipe for making the best blueberry margaritas you’ll ever try. It makes use of fresh blueberries instead of blueberry liqueur, so they’re healthier for you and also have this beautiful baby blue color to them that looks absolutely beautiful.
How to Make a Blueberry Margarita
You’ll be able to whip up delightful blueberry margaritas in 5 minutes or less thanks to this easy recipe:
- Prep the blueberries and lime juice. Place the fresh blueberries and freshly squeezed lime juice into a shaker.
- Crush the blueberries. Use a muddler to crush the blueberries.
- Add the simple syrup. Add the simple syrup and mix to combine.
- Add the tequila and ice. Add the tequila and 1 cup of ice.
- Shake the margarita. Shake the blueberry margarita vigorously for 15 seconds.
- Prep the serving glass. Fill 2 salted rimmed glasses with ice.
- Strain. Strain the mixture into the glasses.
- Serve. Serve the blueberry margarita immediately.
(Also try: Pineapple Margarita)
How to Store a Blueberry Margaritas
Margaritas are really one of those drinks that are best enjoyed as soon as it has been prepared, especially if they’re homemade. This is due to the fact that homemade margaritas don’t usually include the same types of additives or preservatives that store-bought brands are made with to extend their shelf life.
With all of that being said, you can still store your blueberry margarites in the fridge so long as you make sure that they’re sealed up tightly. Use either an airtight container or a glass jar with a lid and be sure to consume the margarita within 2 to 3 days.
Blueberry Margarita Alternatives
Can I Make This Blueberry Margarita Ahead?
You can definitely prepare this blueberry margarita recipe ahead of time, both for individual serving sizes or in bulk if you would prefer to make a bigger batch.
However, as mentioned above, don’t make your margaritas too far in advance. They’ll begin to spoil after about 3 days or so, even when sealed up tightly and stored in the fridge.
Refreshing (And Easy) Blueberry Margarita
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ½ cup tequila
- 3 tbsp simple syrup
- Place the blueberries and lime juice into a shaker.
- Use a muddler to crush the blueberries.
- Add the simple syrup and mix to combine.
- Add tequila and 1 cup of ice.
- Shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
- Fill a salted rimmed glasses with ice.
- Strain the mixture into the glasses and serve.