This 4-ingredient blueberry breakfast smoothie is a fantastic idea for a quick and convenient breakfast for those mornings where you simply don’t have enough time to cook a full meal. It’s nutrient-dense, easy to make and just plain delicious. You’ll definitely want to give this smoothie recipe a try.
How to Make a Blueberry Breakfast Smoothie
You’ll just need to do a tiny bit of prep work with the banana first; then you can freeze the fruit before making your smoothie:
- Prep the banana. Peel the banana and then cut into ½ to ¾ inch thick rounds. Arrange the banana rounds on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and flash freeze them.
- Blend the ingredients. Add the unsweetened vanilla almond milk, frozen blueberries, frozen banana rounds and no-sugar-added almond butter to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve. Serve the blueberry breakfast smoothie immediately.
3 Health Benefits of Blueberry Breakfast Smoothies
This blueberry breakfast smoothie is ridiculously nutrient-dense. In fact, here are 3 science-backed health benefits that you can gain by making this quick and easy 4-ingredient smoothie:
- Loaded with essential nutrients. Both blueberries and bananas are excellent sources of several essential vitamins and minerals. Blueberries are rich in both vitamins C and K, as well as dietary fiber. Bananas are particularly good sources of vitamins B6 and C, fiber and potassium.
- Provides an antioxidant boost to start your day. Both fruit options are also rich sources of disease-fighting antioxidants. In fact, blueberries are one of the best dietary sources of antioxidants you can find. (1)
- Heart healthy fats. Adding a bit of no-sugar-added almond butter into your smoothie is a great way to improve its consistency while also adding in some heart healthy monounsaturated fatty acids. Studies have shown that this type of fatty acid can help to lower blood pressure, improve cholesterol levels and reduce your overall risk of developing cardiovascular disease. (2)
(Also try: Blueberry Muffins with Cinnamon Crumble Top)Print
4-Ingredient Blueberry Breakfast Smoothie
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 3 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 large banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 ½ tbsp no sugar added almond butter
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.