This recipe will teach you how to make what is simply the best homemade blueberry lemonade. You’ll make your own blueberry syrup to add to your lemonade that’s seriously so good and it’s oh so easy to make too.
How to Make Homemade Blueberry Lemonade
Here’s everything that you’ll need to know in order to make this homemade blueberry lemonade from scratch in only 15 minutes:
- Combine the water and sugar. Combine the granulated sugar and 1 cup of water in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir. Stir the mixture until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the blueberries. Add either fresh or frozen blueberries to the saucepan.
- Boil. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Simmer. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve.
- Combine the lemon juice and water. Add the lemon juice and 5 cups of water to a pitcher and mix to combine.
- Add the blueberry syrup. Add the blueberry syrup and stir to combine.
- Serve. Pour the blueberry lemonade into glasses filled with ice and serve immediately.
Blueberry Lemonade Alternatives
3 Healthy Sugar Alternatives
If you’d rather not add granulated sugar to your blueberry lemonade, you can easily use any of the following 3 options as a substitute:
- Granulated stevia or liquid stevia
- Monk fruit sweetener
- Natural sugars (raw honey, organic maple syrup, etc.)
How Long Will Homemade Blueberry Lemonade Keep in the Refrigerator?
As long as you keep your homemade blueberry lemonade in a pitcher or jar that’s covered with a lid, you’ll be able to keep it stored in the fridge for up to 7 to 8 days.
(Also try: Homemade Blueberry Juice)Print
The Best Homemade Blueberry Lemonade (this is so good!)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 6 cup water
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- ¾ cup lemon juice
- Combine the sugar and 1 cup of water in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the blueberries and bring to boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain the mixture through fine sieve.
- In a pitcher combine the lemon juice and remaining water.
- Add the blueberry syrup and stir to combine.
- Pour the lemonade into the glasses filled with ice and serve.