2-Ingredient Homemade Raspberry Jam Without Pectin
You’ll never see jam the same way again once you try this recipe for my 2-ingredient homemade raspberry jam without pectin. It has quickly become a staple in our kitchen because it’s so easy to prepare, and we can use whatever fruit we’d like–perfect for harvest season when there’s an abundance of fruit.
How to Make Homemade Raspberry Jam Without Pectin
This is exactly how easy it is to make this 2-ingredient raspberry jam recipe from scratch:
- Mash the raspberries. Place 4 cups of fresh raspberries in a large stainless steel pot and mash with a potato masher.
- Boil. Bring the mashed raspberries to a boil over high heat.
- Cook. Cook the raspberries for 4 minutes, stirring frequently as you do so.
- Add the sugar. Stir in 4 cups of sugar.
- Boil. Bring the mixture back to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Cook. Cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Ladle. Ladle the jam into sterilized jars and seal immediately.
- Store. Store the jam until ready to use.
What is Pectin?
Pectin is a naturally occurring starch that is found in fruits and vegetables, and it’s typically one of the main ingredients in most commercially available jams and jellies.
However, in spite of the fact that pectin is a natural substance, it also comes with some risks to your health as well. It has been shown to interfere with the body’s ability to absorb certain nutrients and antioxidants, including beta carotene. (1)
Pectin has also been shown to reduce your ability to absorb certain life saving medications, including those intended to treat cardiovascular disease.
Will This Jam Recipe Work With Other Types of Berries?
You can easily adapt this 2-ingredient homemade jam recipe to work with different types of berries. With that in mind, here are a few of my favorite types of berries to use for making jam:
- Blueberry jam
- Strawberry jam
- Cranberry jam
NOTE: Just be aware that some of these berry jams will in fact contain pectin, so if you’re trying to avoid it, you’re probably going to be better off sticking with making homemade raspberry jam.
2-Ingredient Homemade Rasberry Jam Without Pectin
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 4 cups 1x
- 4 cups fresh raspberries
- 4 cups sugar
- Place the raspberries in a large stainless steel pot.
- Mash the raspberries with a potato masher.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cook for 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Bring back to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Cook for another 4 minutes.
- Ladler into sterilized jars and seal immediately.
- Store in a cool dark place and refrigerate once opened.
Ask a Question Rate this Recipe