Today’s recipe is all about this fantastic raspberry syrup that goes perfectly with drinks, pancakes, and even ice cream. Try it with a bowl of vanilla ice cream for a particularly decadent dessert!
How to Make Raspberry Syrup
This is exactly how easy it is to make this raspberry syrup from scratch:
- Combine the ingredients. Add the granulated sugar, water, and fresh raspberries to a saucepan.
- Boil. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat.
- Simmer. Allow the mixture to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Break down the berries. Break down the raspberries with a spatula and then remove from the heat.
- Strain. Strain through a fine mesh strainer.
- Pour. Pour the syrup into a bottle.
- Store. Either use immediately or store until ready to use.
Can I Make This Recipe with Other Kinds of Fruit?
You can easily modify this syrup recipe if you would prefer to make it with other kinds of fruit.
One obvious replacement option would be using different types of berries, including:
- Mixed berries
But beyond berries, you can also make this syrup with other types of fruit, including:
- Apples (and cinnamon)
How to Store Raspberry Syrup
The best way to store this homemade raspberry syrup is to keep it sealed tightly in a bottle and then keep it stored in the refrigerator. It will keep for up to 3 weeks when stored like this.
Easy (And OMG-Good) Raspberry Syrup for Drinks, Pancakes and Ice Cream
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 1.5 cups 1x
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 1 ½ cups fresh raspberries
- Add all the ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil then reduce the heat.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Break down the berries with a spatula.
- Remove from the heat.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer.
- Pour the syrup into a bottle.
- Store refrigerated for up to 3 weeks.