I think of cobbler as a sort of deconstructed pie because it has all of the same elements, but it’s less technical to make which is why I love it so much. This blueberry cobbler has the perfect ratio of fruit filling to biscuit, and has just the right balance of sweetness from the blueberries.
How to Make Blueberry Cobbler
Here’s what you’ll need to do to make this homemade blueberry cobbler:
- Preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 350℉.
- Prep the butter. Slice the butter into small pieces and add them to a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Melt the butter. Melt the butter in the oven.
- Remove. Remove the baking dish from the oven.
- Prep the blueberries. Add the blueberries, ½ cup of granulated sugar and lemon zest to the baking dish and toss to combine.
- Prepare the flour mixture. Add the all-purpose flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, salt and the remaining sugar to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the milk. Add the milk and mix to combine.
- Prep the batter for baking. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake. Bake the cobbler in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes (or until golden).
- Serve. Serve the blueberry cobbler warm topped with either vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
(Also try: Peach Cobbler)
How to Reheat Blueberry Cobbler
It doesn’t matter whether you’ve stored your blueberry cobbler in the fridge or the freezer. The best way to reheat it will remain the same. Transfer the cobbler from the fridge or freezer into an oven-safe dish and preheat the oven to 350℉. Bake the cobbler for 20 to 35 minutes or until it’s heated through.
What to Serve with Blueberry Cobbler
Here are some of our top suggestions for what to serve with your homemade blueberry cobbler:
- Vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream
- Fresh berries
- Maple syrup
(Also try: Blueberry Peach Crisp)
More Blueberry Dessert Recipes:
Tried and True Blueberry Cobbler
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 6 tbsp butter
- 4 cups blueberries
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Slice the butter in a small pieces and add to a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Melt the butter in the oven.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven.
- Add the blueberries, ½ cup of sugar and lemon zest to the baking dish and toss to combine.
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and remaining sugar.
- Add the milk and mix to combine.
- Pour the batter in the baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.