If there’s one recipe you need to try, it has got to be this blueberry lemon cheesecake bar with a graham cracker crust. This is my favorite recipe to make when I have fresh blueberries on hand because they’re naturally sweet and make a wonderful base for these bars.
How to Make a Graham Cracker Crust
The first thing that you should do when making these blueberry lemon cheesecake bars is prepare the graham cracker crust; here’s what you’ll need to know:
- Prepare the baking pan. Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Set aside. Set the baking pan aside.
- Comine the ingredients. Add the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, ground cinnamon and melted butter to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Add to the baking pan. Press the graham cracker mixture firmly and evenly against the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- Refrigerate. Refrigerate the crust for 30 minutes.
How to Make Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars
Once your graham cracker crust is in the fridge chilling, you can move on to finishing off the rest of the recipe:
- Preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 375℉.
- Prepare the cream cheese mixture. Add the cream cheese (make sure it’s at room temperature), eggs and sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Mix the cream cheese mixture. Mix the cream cheese mixture on medium low speed until creamy.
- Add the lemon juice and zest. Add the lemon juice and lemon zest and mix to combine.
- Pour over the crust. Pour the filling over top of the crust.
- Add the blueberries. Arrange the fresh blueberries evenly over top of the filling.
- Bake. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- Cool. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Refrigerate. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 6 hours.
- Dust. Dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve. Cut into 16 bars and serve.
(Blueberry not your thing? Try our Raspberry Cheesecake Bars)
3 Tips for Making Cheesecake Bars
Here are a few quick and useful tips to keep in mind when making your own cheesecake bars from scratch:
- Use full fat ingredients. When it comes to making a rich and delectable cheesecake filling, you’ll be far better off using full fat ingredients. Skip the low fat and fat-free varities of cream cheese if you want your bars to have that perfectly dreamy texture that cheesecake lovers crave.
- Room temperature is the best temperature. Another cream cheese specific tip is to make sure that you’re using cream cheese that’s at room temperature when making cream cheese. It will be much easier to mix together with the other ingredients once it’s softened.
- Don’t bother mixing by hand. You’ll want to stick with using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment when making recipes like this one. It’s simply way too convenient; it will require less manual effort and it helps to avoid your cheesecake filling from clumping up with chunks.
(Also try: Blueberry Cheesecake Tacos)
Blueberry Cheesecake Alternatives
Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars with Graham Cracker Crust
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 16 1x
For the crust:
- 5 ounces graham crackers crumbs
- ½ stick unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the filling:
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups fresh blueberries
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add the graham crackers crumbs, sugar, cinnamon and melted butter to bowl and mix to combine.
- Press the mixture firmly and evenly against the bottom of the pan.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- To make the filling, place the cream cheese, eggs and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Mix on medium-low speed until the mixture is creamy.
- Add the lemon juice and lemon zest and mix to combine.
- Pour the filling over the crust.
- Arrange the blueberries on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Cover and refrigerate for minimum 6 hours.
- Dust with powder sugar before serving.