Did you know you can make the best homemade strawberry syrup at home with just your regular old potato masher? It’s that simple to make and the syrup works particularly well as a drink mixer or as a yummy topping for pancakes or ice cream.
I love making homemade fruit syrups! They work well with everything. A couple more of my favorites are my Raspberry Syrup and Watermelon Syrup(even though this strawberry syrup is probably my all-time favorite).
How to Make Homemade Strawberry Syrup
Follow these simple directions and you’ll have your own homemade strawberry syrup ready to go in no time at all:
- Mash. Add the chopped strawberries to a saucepan and mash well with a potato masher.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Add the sugar and water and stir to combine.
- Boil. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat
- Simmer. Allow the mixture to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Pour. Remove from the heat and pour the syrup into a bottle.
- Refrigerate. Store the syrup in the fridge until ready to use.
How to Store Homemade Strawberry Syrup
The best way to store this homemade strawberry syrup is to simply keep it stored in the bottle that you pour it in. You’ll be able to leave it stored in your fridge for up to 3 weeks when properly stored like this.
If you’re looking for more easy strawberry recipes, take a look at these.
Use This Strawberry Syrup With These Meal Ideas
Here are just a few of my favorite things to use this strawberry syrup with:
- Make strawberry milk or milkshakes.
- Make strawberry flavored alcoholic cocktails.
- As a topping for pancakes, waffles, french toast, ice cream, brownies, etc.
(You may also like: Homemade Strawberry Jam)Print
Oh So Good Strawberry Syrup
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- Add the strawberries to a saucepan and mash well with a potato masher.
- Add the sugar and water and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil then reduce the heat.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Pour the syrup into a bottle.
- Store refrigerated for up to 3 weeks.
More Strawberry Recipes I’m Obsessed with Right Now
- Vegan Strawberry Shortcake Baked French Toast (Rabbit and Wolves)
- Strawberry Puffcakes (The Girl Who Ate Everything)
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp (Unbound Wellness)
- Strawberry Jello Lasagna (OMG Chocolate Desserts)
- Strawberry Ice Cream Sodas (Baked Bree)
- Strawberry Habanero Salsa (A Spicy Perspective)
- Super Moist Strawberry Pound Cake (Easy and Delish)
- Lemon and Strawberry Jam (Girl and the Kitchen)
- 3 Ingredient Strawberry Sauce (365 Days of Baking And More)