As far as party refreshments go, this recipe for making the best lemon lime watermelon vodka cocktail ticks all the right boxes. It’s easy to make, has the perfect amount of alcohol, and it’s made with fresh fruit to keep it naturally sweet. Just make sure there’s enough for everyone because it goes quick!
that is pretty much guaranteed to be an epic smash hit at your next party or social gathering. As someone who is something of a cocktail aficionado, believe me when I tell you that this is one drink that’s to die for.
How to Make a Lemon Lime Watermelon Vodka Cocktail
You’ll be making this lemon lime watermelon vodka cocktail like a pro in no time at all thanks to this easy to follow recipe:
- Blend. Add the watermelon cubes to a high power blender and blend shortly.
- Strain. Pour the mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Stir in the vodka, your choice of either Cointreau liqueur or Triple Sec, lemon juice, and lime juice.
- Pour. Pour into 4 glasses filled with ice cubes.
- Serve. Serve immediately.
2 Quick Tips for Making Cocktails with Fresh Fruit
Here are a couple of quick and useful tips to keep in mind if you’re going to be making a lot of cocktails with fresh fruit:
- Match the right fruit with the right spirit. An undeniable fact is that certain types of fruits go better with certain types of alcoholic spirits. For example, something like gin goes well with citrus fruits that help to bring out it’s natural juniper berry flavor, such as oranges, lemons, or grapefruit.
- Keep it as fresh as possible. It goes without saying that you should be aiming to use the freshest fruit as possible when making your cocktails. If for whatever reason you can’t use either fresh fruit or freshly squeezed fruit juice, then you should be looking at buying the highest quality (and all-natural) fruit juices that you can find instead.
How to Store This Lemon Lime Watermelon Vodka Cocktail for Later
As with most vodka cocktails, this lemon lime watermelon vodka drink has quite a long shelf life – it can last for up to 2 to 3 months when stored properly in the fridge.
On the other hand, if you’re mixing this cocktail up to serve at a social gathering, I would recommend leaving it in the fridge until about 2 hours before the beginning of your event.
(You may also like: Watermelon Margarita)Print
Lemon Lime Watermelon Vodka Cocktail
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 4 cups watermelon cubes, seeds and rind discarded
- ½ cup vodka
- ¼ cup Cointreau liqueur or Triple Sec
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Add the watermelon to a high powder blender and blend shortly.
- Pour the mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl.
- Stir in the vodka, Cointreau liqueur, lemon juice and lime juice.
- Pour into a glasses filled with ice cubes and serve.