Want to know how to make a homemade watermelon syrup that works perfectly for making your own yummy drinks and desserts? The syrup is ridiculously easy to make as well; you’ll only be needing 2 simple ingredients to make this recipe.
How to Make Homemade Watermelon Syrup
This is exactly how easy it is to make this yummy homemade watermelon syrup:
- Blend. Add the watermelon cubes to a high power blender and blend shortly.
- Strain. Pour the watermelon puree through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl.
- Boil. Add the sugar and watermelon juice to a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cook. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 35 to 45 minutes or until syrupy.
- Pour. Pour the syrup into a sterilized bottle or jar and seal.
- Store. Store the syrup in the fridge until ready to use.
Use This Watermelon Syrup with These Recipe Ideas
Here are a few brilliant recipe ideas that you can use this homemade watermelon syrup with:
- Make watermelon flavored cocktails like watermelon whiskey sours.
- Use it as a topping for ice cream and other frozen treats.
- Mix into sparkling water to make your own watermelon soda.
How to Store Homemade Watermelon Syrup
The best way to store your homemade watermelon syrup is to keep it sealed tightly in a sterilized bottle or jar and then store it in the fridge. The syrup will keep for up to one week when stored like this.
Tip: Save the Watermelon Rind
Don’t throw away the watermelon rind just yet! It’s wonderful when pickled and can be a wonderful addition to many savory dishes.
(You may also like: Raspberry Syrup)Print
Homemade Watermelon Syrup for Drinks and Desserts
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 2/3 cup 1x
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pound watermelon cubes, seeds and rind removed
- Add the watermelon to a high powder blender and blend shortly.
- Pour the mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl.
- Add the sugar and watermelon juice to a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and cook for 35-45 minutes or until syrupy.
- Pour into a sterilized bottle or jar and seal.
- Store in the refrigerator.