This recipe will teach you how to make a Greek yogurt watermelon smoothie that works wonders for helping to achieve your weight loss goals. This smoothie is oh so easy to make and it’s amazingly nutrient-dense as well with a decent serving of protein per smoothie.
How to Make a Greek Yogurt Watermelon Smoothie
Here’s everything that you’ll need to know in order to make this Greek yogurt watermelon smoothie from scratch:
- Freeze. Place the watermelon cubes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze them for a minimum of one hour.
- Blend. Add the frozen watermelon cubes, frozen strawberries, vanilla Greek yogurt, chia seeds, honey, water, and fresh mint leaves to a blender and blend until smooth.
- (Optional) Garnish. Garnish the smoothie with extra fresh mint leaves if desired.
- Serve. Serve immediately.
3 Incredible Health Benefits of Drinking Greek Yogurt Watermelon Smoothies
This Greek yogurt watermelon smoothie recipe really is loaded with nutritional goodness thanks to the ingredients that go into making it. With that in mind, here are 3 incredible health benefits that you can gain by including this smoothie in your diet:
- May help to achieve weight loss goals. The reason why this smoothie recipe is such a great option for individuals focused on losing weight is because it’s so rich in protein, dietary fat, and fiber thanks to the watermelon, chia seeds, and Greek yogurt. Eating foods that are rich in these satiety inducing macronutrients has been shown to help curb appetite, prevent binge eating, and maintain a lean body mass. (1)
- Give your gut health a boost. Greek yogurt is also an excellent source of probiotics, which provide a wide range of nifty benefits for your gut health in particular. Probiotics can help to improve digestion, improve bowel movements, and improve protein and nutrient absorption. (2)
- May help protect against disease. This Greek yogurt watermelon smoothie is also a surprisingly good source of disease fighting antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids. Antioxidants found in the watermelon, strawberries, and chia seeds help to fight off damage caused by free radicals while the omega-3 fatty acid content found in the chia seeds can also help to significantly reduce your risk of developing cardiovascular disease. (3)(4)
How Often Can I Drink This Greek Yogurt Watermelon Smoothie?
This Greek yogurt watermelon smoothie recipe can be enjoyed on a daily basis – especially if you’re focused on losing a bit of unwanted weight. Just one of these refreshing and nourishing smoothies will have you feeling full and ready to go for hours on end with all-natural energy.
How Many Calories Are In This Greek Yogurt Watermelon Smoothie?
A single serving of this Greek yogurt watermelon smoothie will provide you with approximately 285 calories. This number can vary a little bit depending on how much honey you add to your smoothie for sweetening purposes.
All in all though, it’s an excellent low calorie drink option that remains incredibly satiating and nutrient-dense.
(You may also like: Vitamin-Rich Raspberry Orange Smoothie)Print
Greek Yogurt Watermelon Smoothie for Weight Loss
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 3 cups 1-inch watermelon cubes, seeds and rind discarded
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tbsp honey or to taste
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves plus extra for serving
- Place the watermelon cubes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze for minimum one hour.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.