Have you ever tried to pair some refreshing watermelon salsa with homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips? It’s a wonderful snack; the salsa mixture offers up a surprisingly versatile flavor thanks to some clever ingredient choices and the cinnamon sugar tortilla chips? Simply to die for.
How to Make Watermelon Salsa
Whenever I make this recipe, I usually like to start out by making the watermelon salsa before I make the tortilla chips:
- Combine the ingredients. Add the watermelon, cucumber, red bell pepper, red onion, jalapeno pepper, fresh cilantro, fresh basil, fresh mint, honey, and lime juice to a bowl.
- Toss. Toss to coat.
- Refrigerate. Refrigerate the salsa for a minimum of one hour.
How to Make Homemade Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips
After putting your salsa is in the fridge, it’s time to turn your attention towards making the homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips:
- Preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 350℉.
- Prepare the baking sheet. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Prepare the cinnamon sugar mixture. Combine the ground cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl.
- Prepare the tortillas. Cut the flour tortillas into 12 wedges each.
- Prepare for baking. Arrange the tortilla chips on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush. Brush the tortilla chips with melted butter.
- Sprinkle. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over top of the tortilla chips.
- Bake. Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool. Remove the tortilla chips from the oven and allow them to cool completely.
- Serve. Serve with watermelon salsa.
How to Store Homemade Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips for Later
You can keep your homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips in either the fridge or the freezer. In either case, you’ll want to make sure that they’re sealed up tightly inside of an airtight container.
The tortilla chips will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days when properly stored or for up to 3 months when frozen.
Can I Store This Watermelon Salsa in the Refrigerator?
Yes, you’ll be able to keep your watermelon salsa stored in the fridge.
As with the tortilla chips, you’ll want to keep it sealed up tightly inside of an airtight container and it will keep for up to 2 to 3 days in the fridge.
(You may also like: Watermelon Gazpacho)Print
Watermelon Salsa with Homemade Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
For the salsa:
- 2 cups seeded, finely chopped watermelon
- ½ cup finely chopped cucumber
- ¼ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp lime juice
For the cinnamon sugar tortilla chips:
- 4 flour tortillas
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup melted butter or oil
- To make the salsa, add all the ingredients to a bowl and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for minimum one hour.
- To make the cinnamon sugar tortilla chips, preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line a baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the cinnamon and sugar.
- Cut the flour tortillas into 12 wedges each.
- Arrange the tortilla chips on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the tortilla chips with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Bake in preheat oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely then serve with watermelon salsa.