Today’s recipe is this OMG-good watermelon salad made with ingredients like feta, cucumber, and mint. You won’t need much dressing to go with this super simple salad; just a bit of olive oil and lime juice are all you’ll need to finish it off!
How to Make Watermelon Salad with Feta, Cucumber and Mint
It’s super easy to make this watermelon salad from scratch thanks to this recipe:
- Combine the ingredients. Add the watermelon cubes, sliced cucumber, cubed feta, chopped mint, olive oil, and lime juice and toss to combine. You can also optionally add 1 tbsp of chopped basil as well.
- Season. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve. Serve immediately.
3 Useful Tips on Making Your Own Homemade Salads
Here are some of our top tips for making your own homemade salad recipes:
- Keep your ingredients as fresh as you can. Whenever possible, I like to pick up all of my salad ingredients fresh from the grocery store on the same day that I plan on making my salad. Failing that, it’s essential to make sure that you’re keeping your salad greens (and really all of your vegetables and fruits) stored properly in your fridge so as to preserve maximum freshness.
- A make ahead meal done right. Salads are a fantastic candidate for making ahead of time because of how easy it is to combine a variety of healthy ingredients that you can then keep stored in the fridge until you’re all set to eat it. You can even prepare your own homemade salad dressings ahead of time as well – just make sure that you keep your salad and dressing stored separately until you’re ready to enjoy your salad.
- Incorporate a variety of colors and textures. All of the best salads that I have ever tried have used a wide variety of both colors and textures. You should be including ingredients that are crunchy, soft, chewy, etc. We’re also firm believers in making healthy salads that are quite colorful; don’t be afraid to include ingredients like carrots, tomatoes, bell peppers, and more in your salads along with all of those leafy greens.
How to Store Homemade Salad Dressing
The best way to store any homemade salad dressing that you make is to keep it bottled up and stored in the fridge. You’re also going to want to make sure that you keep your dressings stored separately from your salads until you’re actually ready to eat the salad.
Can I Make This Watermelon Salad Ahead?
As with most salad recipes, you can absolutely make this watermelon salad ahead of time.
Just make sure that you keep it sealed up tightly inside of an airtight container in the fridge and your salad should keep for 3 to 4 days.
(You may also like: Cucumber Tomato Salad with Avocado Vinegar Dressing)Print
OMG-Good Watermelon Salad With Feta, Cucumber and Mint
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 4 cups ½-inch watermelon cubes, seeds and rind discarded
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 4 oz feta, cubed
- 1 tbsp chopped mint plus extra for serving
- 1 tbsp chopped basil (optional)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp lime juice
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and toss to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.