If you love fruit pizza recipes, then you need to try this recipe for making a healthy (and oh so scrumptious) watermelon pizza. This healthy fruit pizza is super easy to make and it’s even easier to customize if you want to add your own preferred healthy toppings.
How to Make Watermelon Pizza
Here’s everything that you’ll need to know in order to make this refreshing watermelon pizza from scratch:
- Prepare the watermelon. Cut off a slice of watermelon right down the middle, about 2 inches thick.
- Spread. Spread your choice of either Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt into an even layer.
- Add toppings. Top with raspberries, blueberries, pomegranate seeds, and kiwi slices.
- (Optional) Decorate. Decorate with fresh mint leaves if desired.
- Drizzle. Drizzle with honey.
- Serve. Serve immediately.
Is This Watermelon Pizza Healthy?
This watermelon pizza recipe is actually quite an incredibly healthy meal option. Let’s just quickly take a brief look at some of the great health benefits this pizza can offer you:
- An abundance of essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants from the fruit, seeds, and honey.
- Greek yogurt provides a solid amount of protein and gut health boosting probiotics.
- Numerous heart and cardiovascular benefits such as decreased blood pressure, lower LDL cholesterol levels, etc.
Can I Make This Watermelon Pizza Ahead?
Since this watermelon pizza recipe is so quick and easy to make, it’s also a great option for making in advance.
You’ll just want to make sure that you keep your watermelon pizza sealed up tightly inside of an airtight and keep it stored in the fridge. The pizza will keep for up to 3 to 4 days when stored like this.
Is This Watermelon Pizza Vegan?
As it is, no, this recipe is not vegan. However, you can definitely adapt it to suit your dietary preferences.
This watermelon pizza could definitely be made to be vegan-friendly by simply swapping out the honey for something similar like maple syrup or better yet, a homemade fruit syrup!
(You may also like: Watermelon Burgers)Print
Healthy (And Scrumptious) Watermelon Pizza
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 1 watermelon
- ½ cup Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1 peach, sliced
- 2 tbsp honey or to taste
- fresh mint leaves, for decoration (optional)
- Cut off a slice of watermelon right down the middle, about 2 inches thick.
- Spread the yogurt into an even layer.
- Top with berries, pomegranate seeds and kiwi slices.
- Decorate with fresh mint leaves.
- Drizzle with honey and serve.