This irresistible watermelon mojito with honey lime ice cubes is a must-try if you enjoy fruity cocktails. The honey lime ice cubes are a wonderful addition to any drink and pairs especially well with this homemade mojito recipe.
How to Make a Watermelon Mojito with Honey Lime Ice Cubes
Here’s everything that you’ll need to know in order to mix up this yummy watermelon mojito cocktail:
- Combine ingredients. Add the water, honey, and lime juice to a large measuring glass.
- Pour. Pour the mixture into ice cube trays.
- Freeze. Place the ice cube tray in the freezer and freeze until solid.
- Blend. Add the watermelon cubes and mint leaves to a blender and blend shortly.
- Strain. Pour the mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl.
- Add the rum. Add the white rum and mix to combine.
- Pour. Add your honey lime ice cubes to a glass and then fill the glass with the watermelon-rum mixture.
- Serve. Serve immediately.
Try These Tips for Making The Best Homemade Cocktails
Here are some of my top tips to keep in mind when it comes to mixing up your own cocktail drinks. Keep these tips in mind and you’ll be mixing drinks like a pro in no time at all:
- Prep your ingredients in advance. If you know that you’ll be mixing up some cocktails on a Friday night, it’s not a bad idea to prep the ingredients a day or two in advance. Making and drinking your cocktails should be a relaxing experience and having your ingredients prepped and ready to go can help with that.
- Use high quality ingredients. The very best cocktails are always made with the very best ingredients. Whenever possible, you should be using premium spirits, fresh herbs, and fresh fruits.
- Make your own homemade simple syrup. If you’re making a cocktail recipe that calls for simple syrup, you can easily make your own homemade version by mixing a 1:1 ratio of water and sugar and boiling it.
(Try this: Blueberry Mojito)
The Best Way to Store Homemade Watermelon Mojitos
The best way to store your homemade watermelon mojitos is to keep it in a pitcher or jug and store it in the fridge. Your mojitos will keep for up to 3 days when stored in the fridge like this.
(You may also like: Watermelon Martini)Print
Watermelon Mojito with Honey Lime Ice Cubes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 3 cups watermelon cubes, rind and seeds discarded
- 20 mint leaves
- ½ cup white rum
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 ½ cup water
- In a large measuring glass combine the water, honey and lime juice.
- Pour the mixture into the ice cube trays.
- Freeze until solid.
- Add the watermelon and mint to a blender and blend shortly.
- Pour the mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl.
- Add the rum and mix to combine.
- To serve, add the ice cubes to a glass.
- Fill the glass with watermelon-rum mixture and serve.