Hey martini lovers – just wait until you get a taste of this perfectly balanced watermelon martini. This easy to follow recipe will teach even novice drink makers how to mix up an immensely flavorful watermelon cocktail from scratch in only a few minutes.
How to Make a Watermelon Martini
Making your own delicious watermelon martini’s like a pro is super easy with this recipe:
- Combine the watermelon and mint. Add the chopped watermelon and mint leaves to a cocktail shaker.
- Muddle. Gently muddle to release the juice.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Add the vodka, Cointreau liqueur, lime juice, simply syrup, and ice.
- Shake. Shake until cold.
- Strain. Strain the martini into a glass.
- Serve. Serve immediately.
Try These with Your Watermelon Martini
If you’re feeling a little bit adventurous, why not try mixing up the vodka flavors that you use when making this watermelon martini? While regular vodka works just fine, you can also come up with some truly spectacular tasting martinis by using the following vodka flavors as well:
- Watermelon vodka (let’s get the obvious choice out of the way first!)
- Raspberry vodka
- Blueberry vodka
- Lime vodka
- Peach vodka
- Vanilla vodka
(Also try: Homemade Blueberry Martini)
How to Store Watermelon Martini Cocktails
The best way to store any type of martini cocktail is to keep it refrigerated. Opened martini cocktails will typically keep for up to one month when stored like this.
(You may also like: Cucumber Martini)Print
Perfectly Balanced Watermelon Martini
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- ½ cup chopped watermelon, seeds and rind discarded
- 2 large mint leaves
- 2 tbsp vodka
- 1 tbsp Cointreau liqueur
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp simple syrup
- 1 cup ice
- Add the watermelon and mint to a cocktail shaker.
- Gently muddle to release the juice.
- Add the vodka, Cointreau liqueur, lime juice simple syrup and ice.
- Shake until cold.
- Strain into a glass and serve.