You don’t need a juicer to make your own homemade fruit juice; at least not with fantastic recipes like this one that will show you how to make the best watermelon juice with just a regular blender. Don’t forget that hint of lime juice at the end, too–so simple, yet so effective!
How to Make the Best Watermelon Juice
Here’s how to make your own homemade watermelon juice using nothing but 2 simple ingredients and a blender:
- Prepare the watermelon. Cut the watermelon into large cubes.
- Blend. Add the cubed watermelon and fresh lime juice to a high power blender and blend shortly.
- Strain. Pour the mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl.
- Pour. Pour the juice into the glasses filled with ice.
- Serve. Serve immediately.
Blenders vs. Juicers – Which is Better?
The debate over which is better between blenders and juicers has been going on for quite some time now.
Rather than do a deep dive into that particular topic, I’m just going to go over a few of the reasons why I believe you’re far better off to use a blender for this specific watermelon juice recipe:
- Retains more fiber. While watermelon isn’t exactly the greatest source of dietary fiber to include in your diet, by blending it instead of juicing it you’ll manage to retain just about all of that water content. And since watermelon also happens to have a high water content, blending it can actually potentially help to improve digestion as well.
- Consume more of the fruit. When you juice fruits and veggies, you can end up discarding quite a lot of pulp. By blending them instead, you’ll be consuming more of those same fruits and veggies (this remains true even for juice recipes that you strain like this particular one).
- Easier clean up. Last but definitely not least as it’s my personal favorite reason, it’s far easier to clean up after using a blender than it is after using a juicing machine. You don’t have to disassemble all of the individual pieces, deal with any pulp, etc. Simply wash, rinse, and dry your blender and you’ll be all set.
How to Store Watermelon Juice
Anytime that you make your own fresh juice, if you aren’t planning on drinking it straight away, you’re going to want to make sure that you’re transferring it into a sealed bottle or jar pretty much immediately so as to prevent oxidation.
With that done, you’ll want to keep your fresh juices stored in the fridge. This particular watermelon juice will keep in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
(You may also like: Blender Tomato Juice)Print
How to Make the Best Watermelon Juice in a Blender (with Fresh Lime Juice)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1 small watermelon (about 6 pounds), seeds and rind discarded
- 1 small lime, juiced
- Cut the watermelon into large cubes.
- Add the watermelon and lime juice to a high powder blender and blend shortly.
- Pour the mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl.
- Pour the juice into the glasses filled with ice and serve.
- Store the remaining watermelon juice in a bottle in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.