My kids absolutely love this easy 3-ingredient watermelon ice cream, so much that they’ll choose it over commercial brands we get at the store; it’s that good! It’s also so easy to make even without an ice cream maker.
How to Make Watermelon Ice Cream
This is exactly how easy it is to make this delightful 3-ingredient watermelon ice cream recipe:
- Freeze. Place the watermelon cubes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze for a minimum of one hour.
- Process. Add the frozen watermelon cubes, almond milk, and honey to a food processor and process until creamy.
- Serve. Either serve the ice cream immediately or transfer to a container and freeze.
(Also try: Homemade Watermelon Popsicles)
Tips for Making Homemade Ice Cream
Making homemade ice cream can be a ton of fun, if a little messy; especially when you get your kids involved. With that in mind, here are some of our top tips for making homemade ice cream that might help to make sure that you have a much smoother time when doing so:
- Sometimes less is more. You don’t need a laundry list of ingredients in order to make a good homemade ice cream. Quite often, some of the best homemade ice creams will only use 2 to 3 ingredients, as is the case with this 3-ingredient watermelon ice cream recipe.
- Use high quality ingredients. Carrying on from the point above, if you’re only going to be using a few ingredients to make your ice cream, then you’re naturally going to want to make sure that you’re using the highest quality ingredients as possible for best results with your ice cream.
- Focus on keeping it creamy. One of the best pieces of advice that I was ever given when it comes to making homemade ice cream is to focus on making sure that it’s creamy above all else. Many people complain that their homemade ice cream ends up too hard after freezing; you’ll immediately notice a huge improvement when making creamier ice cream recipes like this watermelon ice cream.
Can I Use This Recipe with an Ice Cream Maker?
While an ice cream maker isn’t required to make your own ice cream, it can indeed make a lot of homemade ice cream recipes a lot easier to make. For that reason alone, I would strongly recommend picking one up if you don’t already own one.
You’ll also definitely be able to use an ice cream maker to make this particular recipe if you want. You don’t even have to change up any of the ingredients or anything – simply follow the manufacturer’s instructions for your ice cream maker and you’ll have your own smooth and creamy watermelon ice cream ready to go in no time at all.
(You may also like: Homemade Honey Lavender Ice Cream)Print
Easy 3-Ingredient Watermelon Ice Cream (Smooth and Creamy)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 3 cups 1-inch watermelon cubes, seeds and rind discarded
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- Place the watermelon cubes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze for minimum one hour.
- Add the watermelon, almond milk and honey to a food processor and process until creamy.
- Serve immediately or transfer the ice cream to a container and freeze.