These perfectly sweet and sour watermelon gummies are going to be a new favorite recipe, guaranteed. They’re way healthier than store bought varieties, making them a great snacking option for kids.
How to Make Sweet and Sour Watermelon Gummies
These sweet and sour watermelon gummies are super simple to make thanks to this easy to follow recipe:
- Blend. Place the watermelon cubes in a high power blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain. Pour the mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl.
- Prep the watermelon juice. Take 1 ½ cups of watermelon juice and add to a saucepan.
- Whisk. Whisk in the lemon juice, grass fed beef gelatin powder, and honey.
- Heat. Heat the mixture over medium low heat for 3 to 4 minutes, or until everything has dissolved – make sure you do not let the mixture boil!
- Pour. Pour the mixture into silicone molds.
- Refrigerate. Refrigerate for a minimum of one hour to set.
- Prepare the coating. Combine the sugar and citric acid in a small bowl.
- Toss. Toss the gummies until well coated.
Are These Watermelon Gummy Bears Actually Healthy?
These homemade watermelon gummies make for a far healthier snack than typical store bought gummies. Here are just a few reasons why:
- With the exception of the coating, these watermelon gummies are made with 100% all-natural ingredients.
- Grass fed beef gelatin is ridiculously nutrient-dense, offering up numerous benefits in its own right.
- Watermelon and honey are both nutrient-dense ingredients as well, offering several essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Where Can I Find Citric Acid?
If you’ve never used citric acid in your baking recipes before, then you may be wondering where you can buy it. Luckily, it’s quite a common baking ingredient and can be easily found at most major grocery or retail chains, including Walmart.
(You may also like: Watermelon Salsa with Homemade Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips)Print
Sweet and Sour Watermelon Gummies
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Total Time: 19 minutes
- Yield: 10 1x
- 2 cups watermelon cubes, seeds and rind removed
- 2 tbsp unflavored grass fed beef gelatin powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp citric acid
- Place the watermelon in a high powder blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl.
- Take 1 ½ cup of watermelon juice and add to a saucepan.
- Whisk in the lemon juice, gelatin and honey.
- Heat the mixture over medium low heat until everything has dissolved, about 3-4 minutes.
- Do not let boil!
- Pour the mixture into silicone molds and refrigerate for minimum one hour to set.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and citric acid then toss in the gummies until well coated.