Today’s recipe is all about this tangy and refreshing watermelon gazpacho that’s perfect as a starter or even as a light snack. You’ll be incorporating a variety of flavorful (and nutritious!) ingredients to make this gazpacho; in fact, this recipe has quite quickly become one of my favorite cold soups to make.
How to Make Watermelon Gazpacho
Here’s exactly what you’ll need to do in order to make this refreshing watermelon gazpacho from scratch:
- Blend. Add the chopped tomatoes, watermelon cubes, jalapeno pepper, red onion, fresh dill, chopped cucumber, olive oil, and red wine vinegar to a high power blender and blend until smooth.
- Season. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Chill. Allow to chill for 3 to 4 hours.
- Pour. Pour the gazpacho into bowls.
- Sprinkle. Sprinkle the gazpacho with extra watermelon, cucumber, dill, and crumbled feta.
- Serve. Serve immediately.
What to Serve with Watermelon Gazpacho
As good as this watermelon gazpacho is when enjoyed on its own, it’s even better when you pair it with the right side dish. With that being said, here are a few of our top suggestions for what to serve with your watermelon gazpacho:
- Spanish tortillas
- Portuguese rolls
- Spanish rice
Can I Freeze Watermelon Gazpacho?
While this watermelon gazpacho will keep in the fridge for up to 4 to 5 days when properly stored, you can also definitely freeze your watermelon gazpacho if you want to extend its shelf life even further.
In fact, because of its creamy texture, gazpacho is a great soup choice for freezing because it will maintain most of its original texture when it thaws out.
Keep your gazpacho stored in an airtight container and it will keep when frozen for up to 6 to 8 months.
(You may also like: Homemade Watermelon Popsicles)Print
Tangy and Refreshing Watermelon Gazpacho
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 2 cups 1-inch watermelon cubes, seeds and rind discarded plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ small red onion
- ½ cucumber, peeled and chopped plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsps fresh dill, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Add the tomatoes, watermelon, jalapeno pepper, onion, dill, cucumber, olive oil and vinegar to a high power blender and blend until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Chill for 3 to 4 hours.
- Pour into bowls.
- Sprinkle with extra watermelon, cucumber, dill and crumbled feta and serve.