Oh So Good Watermelon Burgers (Vegetarian Burger Recipe)
- 1 small watermelon
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 4 ounces mozzarella, sliced
- salt and black pepper to taste
- hamburger buns
- red onion, sliced
- Cut the watermelon into 1/2 to 1-inch wide rounds.
- Take 4 rounds and remove the rind and seeds from each.
- Cut the watermelon slices into squares.
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil and onion powder.
- Brush the watermelon squares with oil mixture.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Grill the watermelon burgers for 4 minutes per side.
- Top with cheese and cook just until the cheese melts, about a minute.
- Serve on buns with onion slices and lettuce.