Thick Cut Tomato Sandwich with Homemade Garlic Mayo
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
For the sandwich:
- 4 slices of your favorite bread
- 1 –2 ripe tomatoes, cut into thick slices
- fresh thyme or basil leaves (optional)
For the garlic mayo:
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ¾ cup avocado oil or olive oil
- salt to taste
- To make the garlic mayo, place the egg, garlic, mustard and lemon juice in the blender cup or jar that just fits the head of your immersion blender.
- Add the oil and allow to settle for 15 seconds.
- Place head of immersion blender at the bottom of cup and turn it on high speed.
- Do not move the head for 30 seconds or until a white, creamy, thick mayo forms at the bottom by the head.
- As mayonnaise forms, slowly tilt and lift the head of the immersion blender until all oil is emulsified.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- To make the sandwiches, toast a slice of bread to your liking.
- Spread the garlic mayo onto bread generously.
- Top with tomato slice.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs (if using) and serve.