Sweet (And Savory) Homemade Tomato Jam (So many uses!)
- Author: Emma - NurturedHomes.com
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour, 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 50 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- 1 ½ pounds ripe tomatoes, cored and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- Add all the ingredients to a large heavy bottom pot or saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour 15 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Transfer to a jar.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.