For today, we’re going to be making the most amazing mini strawberry crisps with a cinnamon sugar crumble top. These mini crisps make for a perfect snack for bringing with you to refuel for hikes or other outdoor adventures.
How to Make MIni Strawberry Crisps with a Cinnamon Sugar Crumble
Here’s everything that you’ll need to know in order to make both the mini strawberry crisps as well as the cinnamon sugar crumble topping:
- Preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 350℉.
- Prepare the strawberry filling. Add the chopped strawberries, sugar, pure vanilla extract, and cornstarch to a bowl and toss to combine.
- Add the filling to ramekins. Divide the strawberry filling mixture between 6 ramekins.
- Combine the dry ingredients. Add the all purpose flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, a pinch of salt, and ground cinnamon to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the butter. Add the cold cubes of butter and mix with a fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the crumble. Spoon the cinnamon sugar crumble topping over the strawberry mixture.
- Bake. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden.
- Serve. You can serve the mini crisps either warm, at room temperature, or cold.
(Also try: Mini Strawberry Rhubarb Pies)
Can I Use a Different Type of Fruit For This Recipe?
You can easily swap out the strawberries for another type of fruit when you make this recipe. As a matter of fact, here are some of our top suggestions for replacement options:
Best Way to Store Mini Strawberry Crisps
The best way to store your mini strawberry crisps is to keep them sealed up tightly inside of an airtight container in the fridge. You’ll first just want to make sure that you allow them to cool off completely before putting them in the fridge though.
And remember, you don’t have to reheat your mini crisps; you can serve them at room temperature or cold as well.
(You may also like: Mini Strawberry Cheesecakes)Print
Mini Strawberry Rhubarb Crisps with Cinnamon Sugar Crumble
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
For the filling:
- 3 cups chopped strawberries
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
For the topping:
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp butter, cold and cubed
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Add the strawberries, sugar, vanilla extract and cornstarch to a bowl and toss to combine.
- Divide the mixture between 6 ramekins.
- Add the flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, pinch of salt, ground cinnamon to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the butter and mix with a fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Spoon the topping over the strawberry mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minute or until golden.
- Serve warm, at room temperature or cold.