Today’s no-bake dessert recipe for making a crave-worthy strawberry pretzel salad is one of our favorites because you can leave it in the fridge and forget about it–perfect for busy moms and dads who don’t have time to bake from scratch.
How to Make a Homemade Pretzel Salad (The Crust)
The first thing that you’ll want to do when making this recipe is prepare the homemade pretzel crust:
- Process. Add the mini pretzel twists to a food processor and pulse a few times until coarsely chopped.
- Add sugar and butter. Add the sugar and melted butter and pulse a few times.
- Transfer to a baking dish. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Refrigerate. Refrigerate the crust for a minimum of 30 minutes.
(Also try: Blueberry Pretzel Salad)
How to Make Pretzel Salad Cream Cheese Filling
After putting your pretzel crust in the fridge, you then turn your attention to preparing the cream cheese filling:
- Beat. Add the softened cream cheese and sugar to a bowl and beat until smooth.
- Fold. Gently fold in the defrosted Cool Whip.
- Spread. Spread the cream cheese mixture over top of your pretzel crust.
- Refrigerate. Refrigerate for a minimum of one hour.
How to Make Pretzel Salad Strawberry Jello Topping
Last but not least, you’ll need to prepare the strawberry Jell-o topping to finish off your pretzel salad:
- Prepare the Jell-o. Combine the strawberry Jell-o with boiling water and stir until the Jell-o is dissolved.
- Cool. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Add the strawberry slices. Place the fresh strawberry slices over top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Add the Jell-o. Pour the cooled Jell-o over top of the strawberries.
- Refrigerate. Refrigerate the completed salad for a minimum of 6 hours.
How Long Does This Strawberry Pretzel Salad Keep For? (+Best Way to Store)
You’re definitely going to want to keep this strawberry pretzel salad stored in the fridge where it will stay chilled.
You can simply cover the baking dish with plastic wrap or aluminum foil when storing your salad. When properly stored in the fridge like this, you can expect the pretzel salad to keep for up to one week.
(You may also like: Strawberry Shortcake with Thick Homemade Whipped Cream)Print
Crave-worthy Strawberry Pretzel Salad (No-Bake Dessert Idea)
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
For the crust:
- 5 cups mini pretzel twists
- ¾ cup butter melted
- 3 tbsp sugar
For the filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 8 oz Cool Whip, defrosted
For the strawberry topping:
- 6 oz Strawberry Jell-O
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, sliced
- Add the pretzel to a food processor and pulse a few times until coarsely chopped.
- Add the sugar and melted butter and pulse a few times.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and sugar to a bowl and beat until smooth.
- Gently fold in Cool Whip.
- Spread the mixture over the crust.
- Refrigerate for minimum one hour.
- Combine the Jell-O with boiling water and stir until the jello is dissolved.
- Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Place the strawberry slices over the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour cooled Jell-O over the strawberries.
- Refrigerate for minimum 6 hours.