If your kids love to drink strawberry milk as much as mine do, then you’ll definitely want to bookmark this recipe that will teach you how to make fresh strawberry milk from scratch. You’ll be using real fresh strawberries to make the most yummy strawberry syrup mixture. It’s honestly so, so good.
How to Make Fresh Strawberry Milk
Here’s everything that you’ll need to know in order to prepare both the homemade strawberry syrup as well as the finished strawberry milk drink:
- Prepare the strawberries. Add the hulled and chopped strawberries, sugar, and water to a saucepan.
- Boil. Bring the strawberries to a boil and then reduce the heat.
- Simmer. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mash. Break down the strawberries with a spatula.
- Cool. Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Blend. Add the strawberry syrup and milk to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve. Serve immediately.
(Also try: Homemade Blueberry Milk)
How to Make Dairy-Free Strawberry Milk
It’s incredibly easy to modify this recipe to make a dairy-free strawberry milk.
All you have to do is swap out the 2 cups of cold whole milk for your preferred choice of non-dairy milk.
With that being said, here are a few of our favorite types of dairy-free milk that will all work perfectly with this recipe:
- Almond milk
- Soy milk
- Full fat coconut milk
How Long Will Strawberry Milk Last in the Refrigerator?
Due to the fact that you’re using real strawberries in this recipe, your fresh strawberry milk is definitely best enjoyed as soon as you make it. However, you can also leave it in the fridge for up to 1 to 2 days without it spoiling.
(You may also like: Strawberry Milkshake)Print
How to Make Fresh Strawberry Milk (This is yummy!)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and chopped
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 2 cups whole milk, cold
- Add the strawberries, sugar and water to a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil then reduce the heat.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Break down the strawberries with a spatula.
- Remove from the heat.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Add the syrup and milk to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.