If you’re going to be making your own homemade baked goodies and treats, then it’s only natural that you should also make your own homemade frostings to go along with them. That’s exactly why I’m sharing this ‘can’t miss’ recipe for making a creamy-licious strawberry frosting that is perfect for cupcakes, cake, cookies and more.
How to Make Strawberry Frosting
Just use these easy-to-follow recipe directions and you’ll be on your way to having a deliciously creamy strawberry frosting ready to go for all of your baked goods in no time at all:
- Grind the strawberries. Add one cup of freeze-dried strawberries to a coffee grinder or a food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- Set aside. Set the finely ground strawberries to the side for now.
- Combine the butter and powdered sugar. Add one cup of room temperature butter and 2 cups of powdered sugar to a bowl and beat on a medium-low speed until the mixture is creamy.
- Add the strawberry powder and heavy cream. Add the strawberry powder and heavy cream into the mixture and beat to combine.
- Add the remaining powdered sugar. Add the remaining 2 cups of powdered sugar and beat until well combined.
- Wrapping it up. You can either use your strawberry frosting immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to use.
Use This Homemade Strawberry Frosting With:
Now that you have a freshly made batch of this yummy strawberry frosting, here are some of my top recommendations for sweets and treats to pair with it:
- Pop tarts
- Fill hollowed out berries (this frosting is amazing when paired with hollowed out strawberries)
How to Store Homemade Strawberry Frosting for Later
You can easily store any unused frosting that you have on hand for later use.
Simply transfer the frosting into an airtight container and store it in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. If you would prefer to freeze the frosting, you can also do so for up to 2 months.
(You may also like: Lemon Lavender Cupcakes)Print
Creamy-licious Strawberry Frosting for Cupcakes, Cake and Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2.5 cups 1x
- 1 cup freeze-dried strawberries
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place the freeze-dried strawberries in a coffee grinder or food processor and pulse until finely ground. Set aside.
- Add the butter and half of powdered sugar to a bowl.
- Beat on medium-low speed until the mixture is creamy.
- Add the strawberry powder and heavy cream and beet to combine.
- Add the remaining powdered sugar and beat until well combined.
- Use immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to use.
- Frosting can last in the fridge for two weeks and in the freezer for two months.