Quick (and Easy) Strawberry Bread with a Creamy Strawberry Glaze
For the bread:
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups plus 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups diced strawberries
For the glaze:
- 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tbsp purred strawberries
- 3 tbsp diced strawberries
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line an 8×4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Sprinkle the strawberries with 2 tablespoons of flour and toss to coat. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine 2 cups of flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl add the egg, sugar, oil and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the strawberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, add the powdered sugar, purred strawberries, vanilla extract and lemon juice to a bowl and stir until smooth.
- Pour the glaze over the bread and top with diced strawberries.