I’ve been doing a ton of baking with strawberries lately and I just had to share this recipe for making a quick strawberry bread with a creamy strawberry glaze. Both the homemade bread and the strawberry glaze are so easy to make and will make your whole house smell like heaven. So good!
How to Make Quick and Easy Strawberry Bread
This is exactly how quick and easy it is to make this homemade strawberry bread:
- Preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 350℉.
- Prepare the baking pan. Line an 8×4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper and then set aside.
- Prepare the strawberries. Sprinkle the diced strawberries with 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Prepare the flour mixture. Add 2 cups of flour, baking powder, and salt to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Prepare the egg mixture. Use a separate bowl to combine one egg, sugar, vegetable oil, and pure vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture. Add the flour mixture into the egg mixture and stir until just combined.
- Add the strawberries. Fold in the diced strawberries.
- Prepare for baking. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake. Bake the bread in the preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool. Remove the bread from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
- Pour. Pour the creamy strawberry glaze (see below for details on how to make) over top of the bread and top with diced strawberries.
- Serve. Slice and serve.
How to Make a Creamy Strawberry Glaze
You can quickly and easily prepare the creamy strawberry glaze from scratch while you’re waiting for your bread to cool off.
- Combine the ingredients. Add the powdered sugar, pureed strawberries, pure vanilla extract, and lemon juice to a bowl and stir until smooth.
- Pour. Pour the glaze over top of the bread and top with diced strawberries.
How Long Will Strawberry Bread Last in the Refrigerator?
The best way to store your strawberry bread is to keep it tightly wrapped in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and then keep it in the fridge. When properly stored like this, the strawberry bread will keep for up to one week.
You can also freeze the bread in this same manner for up to 2 to 3 months.
(You may also like: 3-Ingredient Homemade Strawberry Jam)Print
Quick (and Easy) Strawberry Bread with a Creamy Strawberry Glaze
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour,5 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
For the bread:
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups plus 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups diced strawberries
For the glaze:
- 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tbsp purred strawberries
- 3 tbsp diced strawberries
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line an 8×4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Sprinkle the strawberries with 2 tablespoons of flour and toss to coat. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine 2 cups of flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl add the egg, sugar, oil and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the strawberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, add the powdered sugar, purred strawberries, vanilla extract and lemon juice to a bowl and stir until smooth.
- Pour the glaze over the bread and top with diced strawberries.