This recipe for making a breakfast-worthy strawberry banana smoothie is a godsend for those early mornings where you’re pressed for time and won’t be able to prepare a full blown breakfast. Fortunately, this smoothie recipe is the very definition of nutritious, making for an outstanding breakfast replacement in a pinch.
How to Make a Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Here’s everything that you’ll need to know in order to prepare this yummy strawberry banana smoothie from scratch:
- Blend. Add the Greek yogurt, frozen strawberries, frozen banana, your choice of either milk or unsweetened almond milk, chia seeds, and (optionally) honey to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve. Serve immediately.
3 Health Benefits of a Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Making smoothie recipes like this one isn’t just a great way to make a delicious beverage for breakfast – they’re also incredibly nutritious as well. With that being said, here are 3 proven health benefits that you can gain by making this strawberry banana smoothie for breakfast:
- Rich source of disease fighting antioxidants. This strawberry banana smoothie is jam packed full of antioxidants that may help to keep you safe from diseases like cancer or Alzheimer’s. Ingredients like strawberries and chia seeds are widely known to be excellent sources of these beneficial compounds, with numerous studies finding that including both items in your diet can help to lower your risk of disease. (1)(2)
- Provides protein and probiotics. Since this smoothie also includes Greek yogurt, you’re also getting a solid amount of both protein and probiotics when you make this recipe. Many studies have shown that probiotics can provide you with a wide range of health benefits in their own right, including boosting the strength of your immune system, promoting healthy digestion, and even helping to protect your heart health. (3)
- Helps promote a healthy heart. Bananas and strawberries both provide you with potassium and dietary fiber, both of which help to promote overall heart health. Evidence from one particular study actually shows that including potassium in your diet can cut your risk of heart disease by as much as 27%. (4)
Can I Drink This Strawberry Banana Smoothie as a Meal Replacement?
Yes, you can drink this particular strawberry banana smoothie recipe as a full blown meal replacement.
It’s actually quite a calorie-dense drink option, thanks to the use of ingredients like Greek yogurt, chia seeds, and the frozen strawberries and banana.
More importantly, this smoothie honestly provides you with a bit of everything that your body requires for optimal functioning – you’re getting plenty of protein, probiotics, dietary fat, fiber, essential micronutrients, antioxidants, and even some omega-3 fatty acids thanks to the chia seeds.
All in all, this strawberry banana smoothie is most definitely a nutritional powerhouse.
(You may also like: Breakfast Peach Smoothie)Print
Breakfast-worthy Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 cups strawberries, frozen
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- 1 cup milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp honey, optional
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.