This recipe will teach you how to make homemade spinach tortillas from scratch. These tortillas are low carb, nutrient-dense and oh so good! You’ll love making all of your favorite wraps, burritos and more with these yummy spinach tortillas.
How to Make Homemade Spinach Tortillas
Here’s what you’ll need to do in order to whip up these yummy homemade spinach tortillas from scratch:
- Prepare the cooking skillet. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the spinach. Add the chopped fresh spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted and all of the liquid has evaporated.
- Begin to prepare the dough. Add the all-purpose flour, salt and butter to the food processor and pulse a few times.
- Add the spinach. Add the cooked spinach and process until well combined.
- Add the water. With the motor still running, slowly add the water.
- Process. Process the mixture until a dough forms.
- Prep the dough. Divide the dough into 10 equal balls and then roll each ball into an 8 inch circle.
- Prep a skillet. Heat a dry skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the tortillas. Cook each tortilla for approximately 30 seconds per side.
- Serve. Either serve the spinach tortillas immediately or store until ready to use.
What to Make with Homemade Spinach Tortillas
Here are a few of our top suggestions for yummy meals that you can make with these homemade spinach tortillas:
- Deli meat club wraps (turkey, ham, chicken, etc.)
- Cheese and bacon melts
- Spinach tacos
How to Store Homemade Spinach Tortillas
You’ll want to allow your spinach tortillas to cool completely before transferring them into a sealable plastic bag and storing them in the fridge for up to 5 to 7 days. You can also freeze the spinach tortillas for up to 3 months.
How to Soften Hardened Tortillas
To soften hardened tortillas, simply place dampened paper towels in between each tortilla before stacking them on top of each other on a plate. Microwave them on high for 30 seconds to 1 minutes on low to medium heat until warm.
(Also try: Turkey Spinach Wrap)Print
Homemade Spinach Tortillas From Scratch (These are So Good!)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 10 1x
- 6 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp cold butter, cubbed
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup water, plus more as necessary
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted and all the liquid is evaporated.
- Add the flour, salt and butter to the food processor and pulse a few times.
- Add the spinach and process until well combined.
- While the motor is running, slowly add the water.
- Process until dough forms.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal balls.
- Roll each ball into an 8 inch circle.
- Heat a dry skillet over medium heat.
- Cook each tortilla for 30 seconds per side.
- Serve immediately or wrap the tortilla in a towel, place them in a sealable plastic bag and refrigerate until ready to use.