This quick and easy spinach pesto recipe is perfect for when you want to whip up a yummy sauce or spread in a hurry. It’s made with an absolutely delectable mix of tasty ingredients and it’s also super easy to modify if you want to add in your own favorite pesto ingredients.
How to Make Spinach Pesto
Follow these simple instructions to quickly and easily make this homemade spinach pesto from scratch:
- Prep the ingredients. Add the extra virgin olive oil, toasted walnuts, finely grated parmesan cheese, garlic cloves to taste, red pepper flakes, lemon zest and lemon juice to a food processor.
- Process. Process the ingredients until well blended.
- Add the spinach. Add the baby spinach and process until smooth.
- Season. Season with salt to taste.
- Serve. Either serve the pesto immediately or store until ready to use.
5 Other Ingredients You Can Add to Spinach Pesto
Here are a few suggestions for tasty additions you can include with this spinach pesto recipe:
- Sundried tomatoes
- Fresh dill
- Fresh mint
- Sliced red onion
How to Store Homemade Spinach Pesto
The best way to store your homemade spinach pesto is to transfer it into a glass jar and then add a little bit of extra virgin olive oil to the jar. This will help to prevent the pesto from drying out. Seal the jar up tightly and then store the pesto in the fridge for up to 2 to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
(Also try: Sun Dried Tomato Pesto)Print
Spinach Pesto for Pasta and Toast (Quick and Easy Recipe!)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 cup 1x
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup toasted walnuts
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2–3 garlic cloves (to taste)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 ¼ cups baby spinach, packed
- salt to taste
- Add the olive oil, walnuts, Parmesan, garlic, red pepper flakes, lemon zest and lemon juice to a food processor.
- Process until well blended.
- Add the spinach and process until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Use immediately or transfer into a jar and cover with a little olive oil so it doesn’t dry up.