Spinach Pesto for Pasta and Toast (Quick and Easy Recipe!)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup toasted walnuts
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2–3 garlic cloves (to taste)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 ¼ cups baby spinach, packed
- salt to taste
- Add the olive oil, walnuts, Parmesan, garlic, red pepper flakes, lemon zest and lemon juice to a food processor.
- Process until well blended.
- Add the spinach and process until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Use immediately or transfer into a jar and cover with a little olive oil so it doesn’t dry up.