The Best Homemade Raspberry Sorbet (You need to try this!)
- 5 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add the water and sugar to a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the liquid has become a syrup.
- Set aside to cool.
- Place the raspberries and lime juice in a food processor and process until smooth. Put fine-mesh sieve over a bowl.
- Using the back of a spoon, stir and mash the raspberry puree against the side and bottom of the sieve.
- Stir in the syrup and vanilla extract into raspberry purée and whisk to combine.
- Pour the mixture in shallow container and put it in a freezer.
- Scrape the sorbet with a fork every hour until frozen.