This raspberry lemonade recipe is practically a staple in our kitchen at this point because everyone loves it and can’t get enough of it. Not only is this homemade lemonade completely addictive, but it’s also a surprisingly healthy drink as well!
How to Make Raspberry Lemonade
Here’s everything that you’ll need to know in order to make this homemade raspberry lemonade:
- Prepare the raspberries. Place one cup of fresh raspberries in a fine-mesh sieve over a bowl.
- Mash. Use the back of a spoon to stir and mash the raspberries against the side and bottom of the sieve.
- Combine the ingredients. Add the cold water, lemon juice, and raspberry puree in a large pitcher.
- Add the sweetener. Stir in your choice of either honey or sugar until well combined.
- Refrigerate. Refrigerate the lemonade for a minimum of one hour.
- Serve. Serve over ice.
(Also try: Ginger Cucumber Juice Lemonade)
Health Benefits of Raspberry Lemonade
This raspberry lemonade drink is both refreshing and nutritious. With that being said, here are 3 proven health benefits that you can gain by drinking this lemonade:
- May protect against heart disease. Studies have found that daily consumption of lemon juice (when combined with a moderate amount of walking) can help to relieve hypertension. This may help to reduce your risk of developing cardiovascular disease as high blood pressure is one of the leading risk factors. (1)
- A rich source of disease fighting antioxidants. Raspberries are widely known to be an excellent source of antioxidants. These berries are rich in polyphenols and other compounds that can help to protect against diseases like cancer and Alzheimer’s. In addition, if you decide to use honey instead of sugar when making this recipe, you’ll be getting even more beneficial antioxidants with every glass of lemonade. (2)(3)
- May help to keep blood sugar levels under control. Both raspberries (due to their high fiber content) and lemon juice are known to help with regulating blood sugar levels. This makes this lemonade drink an especially great option for individuals with type 2 diabetes or anyone else who has blood sugar concerns. (4)
More Good Lemonade Recipes to Try:
Refreshing (And Addictive) Raspberry Lemonade
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1 cup honey or sugar
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups cold water
- Place the raspberries in a fine-mesh sieve over a bowl.
- Using the back of a spoon, stir and mash the raspberries against the side and bottom of the sieve.
- In a large pitcher add the water, lemon juice and raspberry purée.
- Stir in the sweetener until combined.
- Refrigerate the lemonade for minimum one hour.
- Serve over ice.