If you’re a fan of breakfast bars, then just wait until you try out this recipe for making healthy raspberry streusel breakfast bars. These tasty nutrient-dense bars are a great source of energy that can help you start your day off on the right foot.
How to Make Healthy Raspberry Streusel
Here’s exactly how you can make your own homemade healthy raspberry streusel breakfast bars from scratch:
- Preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 350℉.
- Prepare the baking dish. Line a 9×13 inch baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Process the oats and flour. Add the rolled oats and all-purpose flour to a food processor and pulse a few times.
- Add the sugar and butter. Add the brown sugar and melted butter and process until the mixture becomes crumbly.
- Set aside the topping. Reserve about ⅓ of the oat mixture to use as the streusel topping and set aside.
- Prepare for baking. Take the remaining ⅔ of the oat mixture and press into the bottom of your prepared baking pan.
- Bake. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the filling. Add the fresh raspberries, sugar, all-purpose flour, cornstarch, and lemon juice to a bowl and toss to combine.
- Spread. Spread the raspberry filling over top of the crust.
- Sprinkle. Sprinkle with the reserved ⅓ of your oat mixture.
- Bake. Bake for an additional 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Cool. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Serve. Cut into breakfast bars and serve.
What is Streusel?
Streusel is a type of crumbly topping that is typically made with a mixture of flour, sugar, and butter that originated in Germany. It’s most commonly used as a topping for pies, breads, cakes, muffins, and in the case of this particular recipe, breakfast bars.
Other Streusel Flavors to Try
If you enjoyed these raspberry streusel breakfast bars, then you might be interested in trying out this recipe with some other flavors. Here are my top 3 recommendations for other streusel bar flavors that you should try next:
- Strawberry oat streusel bars
- Lemon blueberry streusel bars
- Sweet potato streusel bars
Can I Freeze Raspberry Streusel?
As long as you’re keeping them sealed up tightly inside of an airtight container, you’ll be able to keep these raspberry streusel breakfast bars stored in either the refrigerator or the freezer.
They will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Healthy Raspberry Streusel Breakfast Bars (Nutrient-Dense, High Energy)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 18 1x
For the crust and crumble topping:
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cups brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter, melted
- pinch of salt
For the filling:
- 1 ½ pounds fresh raspberries
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line a 9×13 inch baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add the rolled oats and flour to a food processor and pulse a few times.
- Add the sugar and melted butter and process until crumbly.
- Reserve 1/3 of oat mixture for streusel topping and set aside.
- Press the remaining oat mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- To make the filling, in a bowl add the raspberries, lemon juice, flour, cornstarch and sugar and toss to combine.
- Spread the filling over the crust.
- Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool and cut into bars.