In my kitchen, nothing goes to waste. Whenever we have some fresh fruit left over, we get creative and that’s exactly how we came up with this pineapple upside down cake shot. This little concoction is excellent when paired with dessert and adds a touch of elegance to any meal.
How to Make a Pineapple Upside Down Cake Shot
This is exactly how easy it is to make this fancy looking pineapple upside down cake shot:
- Combine the vodka and pineapple juice. Add the vanilla vodka and pineapple juice to a tall shot glass.
- Add grenadine. Carefully pour a splash of grenadine over a spoon.
- Decorate. Decorate with maraschino cherry and fresh pineapple.
- Serve. Serve the shot immediately.
3 Quick and Easy Tips for Making Pineapple Upside Down Cake Shots
Here are 3 quick and easy tips to keep in mind when making your own pineapple upside down cake shots:
- Different types of flavored vodka are fine. This recipe calls for using vanilla vodka but it’s totally fine to use plain vodka (or even another type of flavored vodka) as a substitute when making this recipe.
- As is replacing the vodka altogether. While this shot is traditionally made with vodka, there’s nothing stopping you from swapping it out and using an option like amaretto or even Malibu rum, which can add even more of a delightful twist to the shot.
- It’s okay to forget the cherry on top. Many people like to garish their pineapple upside down cake shots with maraschino cherry and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. However, some people find that it simply gets in the way of taking the shot so it’s perfectly fine to skip the garnishings.
(Also try: Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake)Print
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Shot (Obsession-worthy Pineapple Cocktail)
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- 1 oz vanilla vodka, ice cold
- 1 oz pineapple juice, cold
- splash of grenadine
- maraschino cherry and fresh pineapple for decoration
- Add the vodka and pineapple juice to a tall shoot glass.
- Carefully pour the grenadine over a spoon.
- Decorate with maraschino cherry and fresh pineapple and serve.