This save-worthy pineapple salad recipe is a great example of how healthy eating does not have to be bland or boring! It’s a tasty fruit and veggie salad with pineapple chunks, bell pepper, cucumber and more, complete with a tasty homemade salad dressing that you’re going to want to make again and again.
How to Make a Pineapple Salad
This is exactly how easy it is to prepare a fresh pineapple salad with a variety of tasty (and oh so nutritious) veggies:
- Combine the ingredients. Add the fresh pineapple chunks, diced red bell pepper, English cucumber slices, sliced scallions, chopped fresh coriander, roasted cashews, and chopped fresh basil leaves to a large bowl.
- Add the salad dressing. Add the homemade salad dressing (see below for details on how to make).
- Toss. Toss to combine.
- Serve. Serve the salad immediately or store in the fridge until ready to use.
How to Make Homemade Salad Dressing
Here’s what you’ll need to do in order to make the yummy homemade salad dressing:
- Combine the ingredients. Add the minced garlic cloves, minced red chile, soy sauce, fish sauce, freshly squeezed lime juice and brown sugar to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
3 Impressive Health Benefits of Pineapple Salad
This pineapple salad recipe is a fantastic example of a meal that’s truly both delicious and nutritious. With that being said, here are 3 impressive health benefits that this recipe can offer you:
- Loaded with essential nutrients. Using a mixture of fresh fruit and veggies like pineapple, bell peppers, cucumber and coriander packs this salad with a ton of essential vitamins and minerals.
- Can help with digestion. While eating a diet that includes plenty of fruits anf vegetables is great for overall digestion, pineapple in particular contains a digestive enzyme called bromelain that is known to assist with the digestion of proteins.
- Helps to keep disease at bay. Fruit and vegetables are great dietary sources of disease-fighting antioxidants and other beneficial anti-inflammatory plant compounds. Adding healthy greens and tasty fruit like pineapple to your diet is a great way to reduce your risk of developing chronic inflammatory diseases.
(Also try: Pineapple Salsa)Print
Save-worthy Pineapple Salad Recipe (Try this!)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
For the salad:
- 1 ½ cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium English cucumber, halved and sliced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- ½ cup roasted cashews
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
For the dressing:
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small red chili, seeded and minced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- To make the salad dressing, add all the ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the pineapple, bell pepper, cucumber, scallions, coriander, basil and cashews to a large bowl.
- Add the salad dressing and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.