Bite-Sized Homemade Hawaiian Pineapple Pizza From Scratch
For the pizza dough:
- 1 ½ cups bread flour
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 2/3 cup warm water
For the topping:
- ½ cup pizza sauce, or homemade marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces Canadian bacon, chopped
- ½ cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 4 bacon, slices, cooked and crumbled
- fresh oregano for decoration
- In a bowl of stand mixer fitted with a dough hook combine the water and yeast.
- In another bowl combine the flour and salt.
- Add the olive oil to the bowl of stand mixer.
- While the mixer is running, add the flour mixture slowly.
- Beat on low speed for 5 minutes.
- Lightly grease a large bowl with olive oil.
- Transfer the dough into the bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 500ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Punch the dough.
- Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Roll the dough into a rectangle ¼ inch thick.
- Cut out your mini pizzas with a round cookie cutter of your choice.
- Place the mini pizzas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Top each base with pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella, Canadian bacon and pineapple.
- Top with crumbled bacon.
- Bake on the lowest oven rack until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 10 to 12 minutes.