If you enjoy making your own homemade margaritas, then you’ll absolutely want to check out this recipe for making a really easy 4-ingredient pineapple margarita. The freshly squeezed lime juice and pineapple juice make for a perfectly sweet and sour combo that pairs beautifully with the triple sec and tequila.
How to Make a Pineapple Margarita
All you’ll need are 4 ingredients and about 5 minutes of time to make this super easy pineapple cocktail:
- Prepare the margarita mixture. Using a glass measuring cup, combine the pineapple juice, fresh lime juice, triple sec and tequila and mix well.
- Prepare the cocktail shaker. Fill the cocktail shaker halfway with ice and then fill ⅔ full with the margarita mixture.
- Shake. Shake the margarita for 30 seconds.
- Pour. Pour into glasses.
- Garnish. Decorate with fresh pineapple.
- Serve. Serve immediately.
Pineapple Margarita Alternatives
3 Pro Tips for Making the Best Homemade Cocktails
Here are 3 tips to help you take your homemade cocktail making skills to the next level:
- Pre-chill your glasses. Pre-chilling your cocktail glasses will help to make sure that your pineapple margaritas stay refreshingly cool right until the very end. You can either chill the glasses in the fridge or fill them with ice and water before preparing your cocktails.
- Shake vigorously. There’s a reason why James Bond always took his cocktails shaken and not stirred; vigorously shaking your margaritas will allow the cold to fully permeate the cocktail, giving it the perfect finish.
- Use high quality ingredients. This tip applies to both your liquor selection as well as your fruit juice. Use freshly squeezed fruit juices whenever possible for maximum freshness. Likewise, use top shelf premium liquor when making your cocktails for best results.
Can I Make Pineapple Margaritas Ahead of Time?
Yes, you can easily make this 4-ingredient pineapple margarita ahead of time. One easy and convenient option is to prepare this cocktail in bulk and then pour it into a pitcher to store in the fridge.
You’ll be able to keep this pineapple margarita chilled in the fridge like this for up to 3 to 4 days.
(Also try: Pineapple Upside Down Cake Shot)Print
Really Easy 4-Ingredient Pineapple Margarita
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 ¼ cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup triple sec
- 1 cup tequila
- In a glass measuring cup combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice and fill 2/3 full with the margarita mixture.
- Shake for 30 seconds.
- Pour into glasses.
- Decorate with fresh pineapple and serve.