There are so many delicious dessert recipes that can be made with pineapple. This recipe for making a pan fried pineapple foster is a fantastic example that must be tried; the coating is made with a delicious blend of dark rum, brown sugar and cinnamon.
How to Make Pan Fried Pineapple Foster
This is exactly how easy it is to make this rum-soaked pineapple dessert from scratch:
- Prepare the coating mixture. Add the brown sugar, dark rum and ground cinnamon to a small bowl and mix until completely dissolved.
- Add to a bag. Add the coating mixture and pineapple slices to a Ziploc bag.
- Shake the bag. Shake the bag until the pineapple slices are evenly coated.
- Stand. Let stand for approximately 30 minutes.
- Prepare the cooking skillet. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook the pineapple. Add the pineapple slices to the skillet and cook each side for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve. Serve the pineapple foster immediately with vanilla ice cream.
Can I Make Pineapple Foster Ahead of Time?
You can easily prep this pineapple foster recipe ahead of time to enjoy for parties or BBQ gatherings.
Just prepare the coating mixture, peel and core the pineapple, and leave the pineapple slices and coating mixture in a Ziploc bag in the fridge 2 to 3 days.
When you’re ready to make the recipe, you can simply heat up your skillet and throw the pineapple slices in for a few minutes before serving with vanilla ice cream.
(Also try: Pineapple Rum Punch)Print
Pan Fried Pineapple Foster (OMG try this!)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- ¼ cup dark rum
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pineapple, peeled, slice and cored
- 1 tbsp butter
- vanilla ice cream
- In a small bowl combine the sugar, rum and cinnamon and mix until completely dissolved.
- Add the mixture and pineapple slices to a Ziplock bag.
- Shake the bag until the pineapple is evenly coated.
- Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the pineapple slices to a skillet and cook each side for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately with vanilla ice cream.