Homemade Pineapple Crisp (Easy and Comforting)
For the filling:
- 1 large pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- zest of one lemon
For the topping:
- 1/3 cup all-purpose/plain flour
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, cold
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Add the pineapple, sugar, lemon zest and cornstarch to a bowl and toss to combine.
- Add the mixture to lightly greased baking dish.
- Add the flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, pinch of salt, ground cinnamon to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the butter and mix with a fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Spoon the topping over the pineapple mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minute or until golden.
- Serve warm, at room temperature or cold.