Easy Pineapple Coconut Cake Bars
For the crust:
- 1 cup quick oats
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
For the filling:
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 can (14 oz) crushed pineapple in juice
- ¼ cup lemon juice
For the topping:
- 2 tbsp unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- To make the crust, in a bowl combine the flour, oats, coconut and brown sugar.
- Add the butter and mix to combine.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- To make the filling, in a saucepan combine the pineapple, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring frequently.
- Reduce the heat and cook over medium heat until the filling is thick, about 7 minutes.
- Pour the filling over the crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.