If you’re planning on hosting a get together that’s going to involve appetizers, then you’re definitely going to want to bookmark this recipe for making a truly obsession-worthy pineapple pecan cheese ball. It’s oh so easy to make and it’s amazing when served with a plate full of crackers.
How to Make a Pineapple Pecan Cheese Ball
You’ll need to do just a little bit of prep work before refrigerating your pineapple pecan cheese ball mix overnight:
- Cream the cream cheese. In a large bowl, cream the cream cheese.
- Combine the ingredients. Add the crushed pineapple, chopped green pepper, chopped scallions, lemon-pepper seasoning, seasoned salt and one cup of chopped pecans and mix to combine.
- Wrap. Place the mixture on a sheet of plastic wrap and wrap it into a ball.
- Refrigerate. Refrigerate overnight.
- Discard the wrap. Remove from the refrigerator and discard the plastic wrap.
- Roll. Roll the ball into the remaining cup of chopped pecans.
- Serve. Serve the pineapple pecan cheese ball with your favorite crackers.
Can I Freeze Pineapple Pecan Cheese Ball for Later?
Yes, you can absolutely freeze this pineapple pecan cheese ball to enjoy later. Simply wrap the cheese ball tightly in plastic wrap and store in the freezer for up to 2 months. Alternatively, you can also store the cheese ball in the fridge for up to 10 to 12 days.
How to Reheat Pineapple Pecan Cheese Ball
If you froze your cheese ball, the first thing that you’re going to need to do is defrost it in the fridge overnight. This will help to prevent any sogginess. Once it has completely thawed out, the cheese ball will be ready for serving again.
Obsession-worthy Pineapple Pecan Cheese Ball
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 3 cups 1x
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple, well drained
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- 1 tsp lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- In a large bowl, cream the cream cheese.
- Add the pineapple, green pepper, scallions, seasoning and 1 cup of chopped pecans.
- Mix to combine.
- Place the mixture on a sheet of plastic wrap.
- Wrap it into a ball.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator.
- Discard the plastic wrap.
- Roll the ball into the remaining pecans.
- Serve with your favorite crackers.