Quick Pickled Red Onions
- 2 large red onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tbsp honey
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- In a saucepan combine the water, vinegar, honey, red pepper flakes and salt.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- In a jar pack the onion and garlic.
- Pour the hot vinegar mixture over the onion.
- Put the lid on and leave to cool.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 days before eating.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 month.