Pickled Okra Recipe (Easy Refrigerator Pickles!)
- 32 okra pods, trimmed
- 2–3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 fresh chili peppers
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tsp fennel seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 ½ tbsp salt
- 4 tbsp white sugar or honey
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- In a saucepan combine the water, vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- In a jars pack the okra, chili peppers, garlic, bay leaves, mustard seeds, fennel seeds and black peppercorns.
- Pour the hot vinegar mixture over the okra.
- Put the lids on and leave to cool.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 days before eating.
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 months.