This recipe for making a tart and smooth homemade peach ice cream is the perfect way to cool off on a hot sunny day. It has just the right level of tartness to balance out the natural sweetness of the peach–yum!
How to Make Homemade Peach Ice Cream
Here’s what you’ll need to know in order to prepare this homemade peach ice cream completely from scratch:
- Process. Add the sliced ripe peaches, lemon juice, sugar, and sour cream to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Freeze. Pour into a container and freeze the ice cream for a minimum of 3 hours or until solid.
- Note for serving. When you’re ready to serve the ice cream, remove from the freezer and allow it to sit at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
(Also try: Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream Made from Scratch)
3 Quick Tips for Making Homemade Ice Cream
Here are a few handy tips to keep in mind for when you’re making your own homemade ice cream recipes. They should help to ensure that you’re ending up with a high quality frozen treat each and every time:
- Consider investing in an ice cream maker; while there are plenty of recipes like this one for making peach ice cream without one, there’s no denying that ice cream makers can make it a lot easier to make homemade recipes.
- Be mindful of the amount of sugar that the recipe calls for; using too much sugar can cause your ice cream to be too hard, while too little sugar can cause it to turn out too soft.
- When it comes to flavoring your homemade ice cream, you should add any liquid flavorings (like chocolate or strawberry syrups) before the freezing process. As for solid flavorings (like chopped nuts or sprinkles), they can be added after freezing the ice cream.
(You may also like: Homemade Watermelon Ice Cream)Print
Tart and Smooth Homemade Peach Ice Cream (Easy Recipe)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 cups 1x
- 1 pound ripe peaches, peeled, petted and sliced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups sour cream
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour in a container and freeze for minimum 3 hours or until solid.
- To serve, remove from the freezer and allow to sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before serving.