Calling all peach lovers…you simply must try this recipe for making a soul-satisfying peach dump cake from scratch–without cake mix. As an added bonus, this homemade dump cake is also quite a nutritious dessert option for the whole family since it’s made with less sugar compared to your typical cake mix.
How to Make a Peach Dump Cake
Here’s everything that you’ll need to know in order to make this scrumptious peach dump cake from scratch:
- Preheat the oven. Preheat the oven to 375℉.
- Prepare the baking pan. Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Add the peaches. Add the peaches to the baking pan.
- Sprinkle. Sprinkle with cornstarch, ground cinnamon, and nutmeg and toss to combine.
- Combine the dry ingredients. Add the all purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and a pinch of salt to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Sprinkle. Sprinkle the flour mixture over the peaches and then sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Grate. Use a cheese grater to grate the butter.
- Sprinkle. Sprinkle the grated butter over top of the cake.
- Bake. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden.
2 Reasons Why This Peach Dump Cake is Healthy
Here are a couple of reasons why this peach dump cake recipe is a healthier option than cakes made from regular cake mix:
- Nutrient-dense ingredients. Using a mixture of ripe peaches and healthy spices like ground cinnamon and nutmeg keeps this dump cake far more nutrient-dense than cake mixtures that rely on traditional baking ingredients alone.
- Minimal refined ingredients. Unlike many commercially available cake mixtures, the majority of ingredients used in this dump cake recipe are real, whole food ingredients.
5 Quick Tips for Making Moist, Fluffy Dump Cakes from Scratch
Are your cakes turning out a little too dry for your liking? If so, here are some of our top tips for making moist, fluffy cakes from scratch:
- Try using cake flour instead of all purpose flour.
- Make sure that you’re measuring approximate amounts.
- Add a small amount of sour cream in with the cake mix.
- Be careful not to overmix and/or overbake your cake.
- Consider brushing the cake with syrup.
(You may also like: Easy Peach Cobbler From Scratch)Print
Soul-Satisfying Peach Dump Cake From Scratch (Without Cake Mix)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 9 1x
- 2 pounds slice ripe peaches, peeled
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, frozen
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Lightly grease 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Add the peaches to the pan.
- Sprinkle with cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg and toss to combine.
- In a bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Sprinkle the flour mixture over the peaches.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Use a cheese grater to grate the butter.
- Sprinkle the grated butter over the top of the cake.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until golden.