Easy and Comforting Peach Cobbler From Scratch (Try this!)
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup milk
- 4 cups sliced ripe peaches, peeled (about 5 peaches)
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Slice the butter in a small pieces and add to the baking dish.
- Melt the butter in the oven.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and set aside.
- Add the peaches and 1/3 cup of sugar to a saucepan and toss to combine.
- Cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder, pinch of salt and remaining sugar.
- Add the milk and mix to combine.
- Pour the batter in the baking pan.
- Spoon the peaches and juices over the batter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon if using.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm.